The Hunt for Success Family Academy program provides families with the necessary academic tools to support the success of their child’s education and to bring schools, parents/guardians, families, and community organizations together as equal partners.
Berean Community Center Inc., in collaboration with The Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) Community Family Academy, offers FREE Virtual Workshops and educational events for WCPSS families.
The 1-hour virtual workshops are facilitated by a certified instructor and topics include but are not limited to:
- How to Access PowerSchool’s Parent Portal: Home Base
- Developing Good Homework Habits
- Tips for Successful Parent-Teacher Conferences
- How to Apply for Early College and Magnet Schools
- Connecting Your Child to College and Beyond
- Reading Strategies for Elementary Students
- Preparing Your Child for the End of Grad (EOG) and End of Grade Course (EOC) Tests (3rd – 8th)
- How to Support Academic Growth Over School Breaks
- Helping Your Child Reduce Test Stress
The Family Academy is held the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm beginning in September and concluding in May.