The Hunt for Success Family Academy program provides families with the necessary academic tools to support the success of their child’s education and to bring schools, parents/guardians, families, and community organizations together as equal partners.
Berean Community Center Inc., in collaboration with The Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) Community Family Academy, offers FREE Virtual Workshops and educational events for WCPSS families.
The 1-hour virtual workshops are facilitated by a certified instructor and topics include but are not limited to:
- Parent Advocacy and Engagement in Your Child’s Education
- Learn How to Motivate Your Child to Thrive in School
- Developing Good Homework Habits
- Tips for Successful Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Teaching Your Child How to Deal with Peer Pressure
- Today’s Math: “I didn’t learn math like that!” (K-5th)
- Communicating with Your Teenager Effectively
- Connecting Your Child to College and Beyond Using CFNC
- The Bad and the Good of Social Media
The Family Academy is held the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6:30pm-7:30pm beginning in September and concluding in May.